'Fogginess' - normal or wrong settings?

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
littleowl57 New Member • Posts: 5
'Fogginess' - normal or wrong settings?

Hi, I've loved photography for decades but don't know much about the ins and outs of photography (aperture, exposure, ISO etc), as I've mainly been a 'point and shooter' so class myself as an enthusiastic beginner!  I used to have 35mm cameras in my younger days but with the advent of digital I tend to use the lightweight pocket sized models for practicality.  I have had several from the Panasonic TZ range and recently changed to a Sony RX100M6, as I found many of the TZ images came out milky and wanted to see if another brand would be different.

I also have an iPhone XS which I have to say takes wonderful vibrant pics in most light conditions, and none of them have the 'haze' that I often find in the digital cameras.  I assume the reason for this is that the phone must do many adjustments to the image whereas the camera doesn't - and it's probably that I've got used to the 'instagram' effect that I am noticing the difference more.

I am very pleased overall with the Sony but some images have the similar haze to the Panasonics, for example in the attached images, before and after enhancement on my computer.  Is this usual and therefore the onus is on me to adjust later - or can the camera settings be adjusted so you get more vibrant images straight from the camera?  Please note not all the pics are like this, some have been very clear and sharp - it's mainly zoomed shots or ones taken in less than perfect conditions.

Image straight out of camera

Image after auto enhancement on computer

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow