A FF Dp2 camera?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
PrebenR Veteran Member • Posts: 4,146
Re: A FF Dp2 camera?

LaMeule wrote:

Jozef M wrote:

This is pure speculation.

But sooner rather than later, Sigma will release a camera with a full frame sensor and a fixed (hopefully 40mm) lens. Sigma makes an important and large investment in a full frame Foveon sensor, so Sigma will have to sell as many of them as possible, wanting to earn back their investment. And there are too many photographers, like me, who are very satisfied with their current camera system, and they won't change.

But such a small handy full frame Foveon fixed lens camera, great image quality up to iso 800, with a good macro mode and not too much tralala like video or xx frames per second, is probably very tempting to have. An electronic viewfinder on it would be great too.

An investment of about 4000/5000 euros in a full-frame Foveon camera system I will never be able to make. What do you think about this, would you (current Foveon sensor users) buy such a Dp2 FF camera? If it's not too expensive ...

Jozef.

If FF "Merrill" (1:1:1), yes I would buy one

The new FF sensors has 1:1:1

-- hide signature --

Don't blame the camera
Still trying to upgrade photographer body

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow