What tripod do you use and aren't many identical?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Jorginho Forum Pro • Posts: 14,791
What tripod do you use and aren't many identical?

Hi I recently bought me a Rollei Traveller tripod. Nice, light and easy to use. Good for traveling. I have an E-M1.2 and a GH4 so they tend to be less heavy than their DSLr counterparts.

But I shoot timelapse with the GH4 and pics with the E-M1.2 on quite a few occassions (say noctilucent clouds). So I like to have another one. Also: the traveller is great for light weight but it is not as stable as a heavier or may be better designed produt. After all this tripod only costed about 90 euro's or so so you can't expect too much.

So now I found a Rollei C50i (aluminium or carbon) which ahs been replaced by the C5i. Which is te exact same tripod but cheaper and comes with only one Arca plate instead of two with the 50.

Looking into this closer It seems to me they are all made by the same manufacturer and I guess it is Sirui but may be Sirui is not the manufacturer but one of them. Does not matter.

Is this true, have you noted or has someone found an article how Rollei=Mefoto=Sirui=K&F=Geekphoto etcetc. The balheads all look identical too. But are they?

I am leaning towards the carbon fiber ones like these but then again they are lightweight. The aluminium ones are about 300-400 grams heavier.

I am looking at these:

Geekphoto carbon

Zomei…

Rollei C5i carbon

Apart from that: any recommendations under 150 euro/dollar?? Thx!

Jorginho's gear list:Jorginho's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 Olympus E-M1 II Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH +8 more
Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow