Budget ideas for horse photography please

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Dweeble Junior Member • Posts: 28
Budget ideas for horse photography please

Hi! Totally new here. I have a process which involves grey-scaling horse photos,  tweaking in GIMP, printing and then selectively over-tinting in oil paint.

Increasingly customers want me to take the photos as well as do the rest, which is great, but my excellent l'il Fuji s9600 isn't quite up to it. Image quality is fine but I need a little more speed both in focusing and bursts (perhaps 5 or 6fps). And an ISO which can go over 800 and still hold quality would be nice

Why? Because although most of the work are static portraits, some clients want to be snapped in motion. Also some are snapped in the field (can't beat a good leap and buck) which means zoom is needed, otherwise I guess I could work with a prime lens.

Budget is super-tiny, probably 500-600 bucks equivalent (I'm UK based).

Most likely option is, I guess, a better bridge. Ideas please.

Or an older basic DSLR (Nikon D300?) but lenses are dear.

Or something like a Fuji XT! with a basic kit lens and then play with manual focus legacy lenses for portraits, that could be fun.

Zero need for video or Wifi or anything else, not a brand snob but do prefer a bit of size and weight and solidity.

And I know the budget is tiny, sorry. IDEAS PLEASE!

FujiFilm FinePix S9100 (FinePix S9600) Nikon D300
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow