Everyone Using MFT

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
NCV
NCV Veteran Member • Posts: 9,042
Re: Everyone Using FF is an idiot.

Photo Pete wrote:

Colin Smith1 wrote:

I have just returned from a photo trip to Nome, Alaska. Everyone on the trip, including the guide, was using Olympus EM-1X and one Panasonic MFT. There was only one guy on the trip still using a huge Nikon body and 600MM lens. In talking with him it seemed the reason he hadn't shifted to MFT was he didn't think he could master the controls. At every photo stop we had to wait for him to remove his tripod and set it up. I felt sorry for him, watching him struggle. I guess I should also mention he was 84 years old. Good photographer also.

The only problem with this story is that proper use of a tripod will achieve better sharpness than not using one, no matter what system you shoot.

The choice to shoot handheld rather than on tripod is always driven by convenience. Just imagine if DPReview chose to shoot their resolution test target handheld... there’d be an outcry of protest.

Maybe the Nikon shooter was the only one on the trip who had the resolve to really maximise the quality of his results? Impressive at 84 years old!

Not just sharpness. I have found framing and composition are much better with a camera on a tripod.

It slows you down and you actually tend to look at what you are shooting more carefully.

We can file the original post as one of those "FF shooters are idiots" threads that crop up from time to time here.

NCV's gear list:NCV's gear list
Nikon D700 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Nikon D810
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
NCV
NCV
NCV
NCV
NCV
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow