Focus Question: a6300 + 18200LE / Baseball game

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
dhinla New Member • Posts: 3
Focus Question: a6300 + 18200LE / Baseball game

Hi - I like to take sports pictures (but I'm an amateur) and I had the luxury of some amazing seats tonight at Dodger Stadium.  However, I was 2 rows behind the net, so my assumption was I would not get any good shots and for most of the game, I ignored my a6300 + 18200LE.

Midway through, I took it out and I was pleasantly surprised, but I also need some help.  The camera was set to AUTO and the switch set to AEL.  Most of the time, the camera would focus on the netting in front of me and the action going on behind the net was completely blurred out.  I noticed that the camera ran through a bunch of different focus settings (multiple medium-sized green boxes; a few very small green boxes; etc.)  But every once in a while, all of a sudden it focused and it ELIMINATED the net - it was just not visible in the photo at all.  I was stunned.  While I could repeat it, I couldn't repeat it at will... but I would definitely appreciate any advice so that I can experience this with more control.

I am a complete amateur, so if anyone can give me an answer, if you could "dumb it down" for me, I would greatly appreciate that.

I'm attaching a good photo as well as one of the ones where the net was in focus.

Thank you very very much.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Sony a6300
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow