Canon EOS Rebel T6 vs D60?

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
gedansky New Member • Posts: 11
Canon EOS Rebel T6 vs D60?

I have a trip to South Africa coming up, and thought it was finally time to make a change. So, this past Friday I took my modest budget and my first generation Canon EOS Rebel 6.3mp camera and lenses, to my well-respected neighborhood camera store, and they showed me some pre-owned options. I narrowed it down to the T6 and the D60.

I was immediately taken with the D60, particularly the articulated LCD. But, the rep recommended the T6 because it is only 3 years old vs 9 years for the D60, indicating 6 years of improvements in sensors etc. Also, this particular one only had 2336 clicks on it, making it nearly new. I took his advice, and bought it and have been having fun learning about it.

But, now, I am having buyers remorse. I ran a comparison search and found that the sensor generation in the D60 is only nominally back level from the T6. But, the D60 was a much higher level camera with some key features worth considering (see below).

What should I do?  Keep the much newer camera with (assumedly) fewer clicks and a newer/more up to date sensor?  or go to the older camera with the rep for being more high end, with faster shutter speed, faster fps, better battery life for still shots, environmental sealing and other features?

Thanks!

Canon D60 vs EOS Rebel T6 Comparison compliments of https://cameradecision.com/compare/Canon-EOS-Rebel-T6-vs-Canon-EOS-60D

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon EOS D60 Canon EOS Rebel T6 (EOS 1300D)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow