I think she's still looking pretty good :)

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
stevo23 Forum Pro • Posts: 21,841
Re: I think she's still looking pretty good :)

Fishchris wrote:

.... for an 11 year old truck. I bought it new for a steal of a price ($31K window sticker, I got it for $23K) I did a bunch of stuff to it right in the first few months I owned it ($5,500 worth) but it was mostly stuff that does not stand out. Magnaflow true dual exhaust, super top end shocks, bed cover, etc, etc... then killed the chrome.... which I probably would have done anyway, but especially with my camo kick panels, I think chrome would look terrible. The stereo was aside from the $5,500, and it was awesome then, but has sort of evolved ever since. Probably not quite as loud now, but has never sounded more balanced, and full. Traded 5% loudness, for 90% better sound.

Anyway, the styling of my truck has been pretty polarizing. I've had a good number of guys come up to me (often hunters, or fishermen, or red necks lol ...who just flip out over it, like, wow ! I've never seen a truck styled like this ! Love it ! ...but have had plenty of guys in their white trucks, covered in chrome just kind of look at it crosseyed, like, "but wait, wheres the flash" lol

Not so much as a single door ding

Oh wait... this is not a new photo, but I think its pretty cool... now to find it...

My custom tailgate oval

PS, Even when I bought this truck, I always thought the GMC's and Chevy's looked better (I just got such a good deal, I had to go with the Ford)... And I continued to feel this way all the way until the last couple years. But IMPO, the brand new Chevy's have gotten kind of weird, while the new Fords look SO freaking tough and awesome ! My dream truck is a 2020 Ford Raptor.

But I do love trucks of all brands, and if somebody is handing them out, I'll take one right now, and worry about the brand later

Coyote motor? What year?

stevo23's gear list:stevo23's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro2 Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8 Fujifilm XF 23mm F1.4 R +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow