Comprehensive "curriculum" to learn photography?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Ahnaf Akeef
Ahnaf Akeef Regular Member • Posts: 232
Comprehensive "curriculum" to learn photography?

Hello everyone!

So, I've never had any academic training apart from YouTube videos in trying to learn what I personally thought was essential in upgrading my skill sets and consequently the quality of my photos. However, I feel that with this process, I'm having to depend strictly on my instinct in identifying what I should learn, as opposed to a formal set of courses that lays out everything and gets rid of the random and unreliable variable which is depending on my instinct.

So I suppose my questions are:

1. How do you identify and determine what skill you need to work on to get your photos to the next level?

2. Is there an informal "curriculum" that I can follow in order to learn everything I need to learn to improve my skills and proficiency as a photographer?

I genuinely feel that despite my novice level of skills, I'm sort of stuck/plateaued at where I'm at right now, and I can't seem to grasp what I need to work on to make any progress. So any advice/recommendation would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much!

Ahnaf Akeef's gear list:Ahnaf Akeef's gear list
Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Canon EF 50mm f/1.2L USM Canon EF 70-200mm F2.8L IS II USM Canon EF 24-70mm F2.8L II USM +2 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow