Modified MC-11 + Canon EF-S 55-250mm STM

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
BrentSchumer
BrentSchumer Contributing Member • Posts: 719
Modified MC-11 + Canon EF-S 55-250mm STM

In this thread, I debated options for puffins and other pictures in Iceland: https://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/4398420

I was all set to go with renting the FE 70-300mm, but looking up the size and the weight of the lens put me off!  I try and keep my kit very small while traveling, as the smaller it is the more likely you are to leave the hotel with it.  So I've ordered the MC-11 and 55-250 STM lens combo (the former "on sale" for $150 from Amazon and the latter refurbished from Amazon for $150, a good deal).

I understand that you can either modify the lens to fit the MC-11 or remove the inner black plate to allow for mounting of the 55-250mm.  I've found threads here on removing the plate, but no info on the lens modification.

How would I cut this lens to fit?  Has anyone run into issues with a de-plated MC-11 due to reflections off the electronics or other issues?

BrentSchumer's gear list:BrentSchumer's gear list
Sony RX100 III Sony a6400 Sony E 50mm F1.8 OSS Sony E 10-18mm F4 OSS Sony E 35mm F1.8 OSS +2 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow