I think she's still looking pretty good :)

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Fishchris
OP Fishchris Senior Member • Posts: 4,711
Re: I think she's still looking pretty good :)

TacticDesigns wrote:

Fishchris wrote:

TacticDesigns wrote:

Fishchris wrote:

Not so much as a single door ding

+1

Totally love it! LOL.

Well thank you very much much ๐Ÿ™‚ After 11 years, so do I. But like I say, it's definitely not typical styling for the way trucks are usually customized.

+1

No it is not.

When I was looking at trucks . . . I noticed a few with the air intact being moved up really high, the added chrome, etc, and the really big, big tires.

Looks good. But I know for me, I would just not put any of that to good use. LOL.

Your truck has a nice understated power to it.

Yes, I hear you. I have actually said, that the only thing that would make me like the looks of my truck more, would be some giant tires, and a 16" lift.... And so once I actually looked into that. What I found, was that to do that right, it could cost me $10k to $15k, and when it was all said and done, I'd go from an already not great 19mpg, to a terrible 13mpg.... All to just look cooler. I guess if I had so much $$$ that I didn't know what to do with it, but that's never been my problem ๐Ÿ™‚ lol

A long time ago, I got to borrow a Ford Ranger from work.

The one with jumper seats in back.

My kids thought it was a lot of fun to drive around in the jumper seats! LOL.

But . . . with its 4 Litre engine, that thing eats gas like there's no tomorrow. LOL.

Oh wait... this is not a new photo, but I think its pretty cool... now to find it...

My custom tailgate oval

+1

Ok. I totally love the "Fish" emblem! How'd you get it done?

Well, i went to a place that did custom decals. We went through about 500 font designs until we found one very close to the Ford font. Scanned a Ford emblem, and just changed the "ord" to "ish". It was good too, because I was able to pick and choose the best colors, which in my case, to match my other badges, and the truck itself, ended up being satin black and antique gold ๐Ÿ™‚

It sounds like it was a bit of work, but one of those nice little things that shows the attention to detail.

I love it!

Take care & Happy Shooting!

Yes, I think she charged me like $25 for 1, but told me she would make extras for $3 each. So I had her make 3 of them. The vinyl lasts about 4 or 5 years.

PS, Even when I bought this truck, I always thought the GMC's and Chevy's looked better (I just got such a good deal, I had to go with the Ford)... And I continued to feel this way all the way until the last couple years. But IMPO, the brand new Chevy's have gotten kind of weird, while the new Fords look SO freaking tough and awesome ! My dream truck is a 2020 Ford Raptor.

But I do love trucks of all brands, and if somebody is handing them out, I'll take one right now, and worry about the brand later

My wife sometimes says, let's get a truck. But when we look at the gas and how we use our cars it just doesn't make sense for us.

So, when our little car finally required brakes and we weren't willing to spend any more money on it, we happened to find an old Nissan Rogue SUV. 2.5 Litre engine. It's unibody, not body-on-frame. Not the greatest on gas, but a lot less than a truck. But we totally love it. LOL.

As crazy as it sounds . . . I wouldn't mind a Lada 4x4 . . .

https://www.lada.ru/en/cars/4x4/3dv/about.html

Another unibody. I think it was one of the first.

Take care & Happy Trucking!

-- hide signature --
-- hide signature --

Photos are my paintings. The camera is my brush.
Website
www.LightInEveryCorner.com
https://www.flickr.com/photos/161603079@N02/
DPreview gallery; http://www.dpreview.com/galleries/5075216809
No time or attention given for negativity or trolls.

Fishchris's gear list:Fishchris's gear list
Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L USM Canon EF 16-35mm F2.8L II USM Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6L IS USM Canon EF 24-70mm F2.8L II USM
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow