Decent new PC for old photographer... Under $1000? Possible?

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
OP stanton Senior Member • Posts: 1,063
Re: Decent new PC for old photographer... Under $1000? Possible?

Thanks gipper51...

Microcenter is planned for tomorrow.  You make a good case for the SSD as the main drive.  In my old computer I have another SATA drive... not sure how big right now, but with plenty of room still, and another 10TB or so of external drives, so drive space isn't a concern.  Right now value and longevity and planning for the next 5 years plus. How much work will I be doing in a year?  Probably minimal.

The one thing I'm bummed about is the total abandonment of Windows 7, with only Win10 as an (realistic) option in the PC realm.  I have Win 10 on a backup notebook, unsuitable for photo tasks, and I detest the OS.

Sadly, my recent experience with Apple and their service has been dismal and soured me on Apple as I have a MacBook Pro that is a few years older than the (great) Sony laptop I am typing on now.  After my daughter put $250 in repairs into it a year ago it once again died... and Apple won't even touch it.  My 6 year old iPad, while still functioning fine will no longer accept iOS updates and consequently will not support many newer app updates and creations.  I've had it with Apple.  It's no wonder they're the richest company in the world.  They've got an entire generation waiting for the newest/latest/greatest Apple product with very little advantage to the previous 2 or 3 generations.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow