Everyone Using MFT

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
OP Colin Smith1 Senior Member • Posts: 1,050
Re: Everyone Using MFT

New Day Rising wrote:

I guess people who go on trips like yours are the same people who can afford E-M1Xs and 600mm primes. Funny to think the cost of those E-M1X bodies would have paid my rent for about two-thirds of the year. With lenses, the whole year or longer. I'm just pointing out relativities here - this is in the realm of cameras for the one percenters, not the masses.

I saw an E-M1X in a shop once. Not in the real world. On one of my walks with the local bushwalking club I still owned am E-M1i. Two others on that walk had OM-Ds (10s, I think). I haven't seen any mirrorless on any other walk - all phones, compacts and once a DSLR. A friend of mine owns an EM-10.

Other than those times, I have rarely seen a micro four-thirds camera in use. I take note when I am in areas with lots of tourists. Once or twice I've seen a Panasonic, once or twice a Fuji. Sony A7x and A6xxx are more common. The occasional bridge camera and compact p&s.

Otherwise it's all Canon and Nikon DSLRs, mostly entry levels with kit zooms but I do see the odd higher level body and lens. And phones of course. Lots of phones.

You betcha!

-- hide signature --

Colin Smith

Colin Smith1's gear list:Colin Smith1's gear list
Olympus E-M1 II Olympus OM-D E-M1X Olympus Zuiko Digital 1.4x Teleconverter EC-14 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12mm 1:2 Olympus 40-150mm F2.8 Pro +4 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
NCV
NCV
NCV
NCV
NCV
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow