Having trouble adjusting to Olympus om-d e-m10 mark ii

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Snowstone New Member • Posts: 1
Having trouble adjusting to Olympus om-d e-m10 mark ii

First some context: I had a Canon EOS 1000D that I used for years with just my prime 50mm lens. Ever since I discovered that lens I never took it off. I mainly shoot street photography. Due to life issues, I was a long time without photographing, and when I got back to it my Canon was full of fungus and I lost the camera (going to take it for cleaning, but not sure if it will be back to shooting). Recently I bought a Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark II with the 14-42mm kit lens.

Somehow I've been having trouble because the camera feels slow to take pictures, and the pictures always have lots of noise, because the auto-iso always uses a high ISO, I have it capped at 6400. I don't know how to better explain it. I'm not sure if it's just me being used to my old Canon 1000D, or if I just haven't setup the settings right on the camera.

Also when I shoot through the electronic view finder it feels off. Again not sure if it's just because I'm used to the old camera, but I'm having trouble feeling like I'm actually seeing the world through the camera, instead of a video through a tiny LCD screen.

Before my canon I had a Fujifilm bridge camera that had issues with low light photography, and honestly it feels like I gone back to that. It's really frustrating because the camera in my hands feels like it's ideal for street photography, but when actually shooting it feels wrong somehow.

Please help me love this camera, I don't have money to invest in a different one.

I hope this is an issue I can easily fix by messing with the settings and eventually get a prime lens 20mm or 25mm to have the equivalent to 50mm fullframe.

Can you help me?

Thank you.

ps: Basically I followed both this videos to set up the settings:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJGQg7ug_80

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIZrHKWBHdY&lc=z23vhvdb2oanzhsexacdp431lygwmoywzl3imv2ladhw03c010c.1560574682697847

Snowstone's gear list:Snowstone's gear list
Canon EOS 1000D Olympus OM-D E-M10 II Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 STM
Canon EOS 1000D (EOS Rebel XS / Kiss F Digital) Olympus OM-D E-M10 Olympus OM-D E-M10 II
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow