Fujifilm 35mm F/1.4 vs F/2

Started 3 months ago | Polls thread
Toby43 Contributing Member • Posts: 514
Re: So put some beef into the pudding, please!

deednets wrote:

Toby43 wrote:

There’s nothing magic about the 1.4 you wouldn’t get with the cheapest Nikon 50mm. If you want to shoot wide open all the time I wouldn’t bother too much with an APSC sensor. Narrow depth of field is one of the sacrifices you make using lighter camera gear.

So idiots only here on this forum?? The cheapest Nikon is the 50/1.8 plastic-fantastic AF-D.

Here in New Zeaaland you can get one of those brand new with warranty for US$ 120.00 including original box!

Any examples you would care to share taken with this Nikon lens?

You might be correct of course, no rounded blades, 2002 design, but a standard lens and therefore an easy enough achievement to play with the best and beat them regarding general rendering, bokeh, sharpness (I don't doubt this lens can be sharp, but that's not everything right??) etc.

Let's just assume you weren't just talking through a hole in your head, would you care to share some example shots to put some beef to your argument here?

Please??

I’d try and avoid that second bottle of Oyster Bay personally.

Toby43's gear list:Toby43's gear list
Ricoh GR II Nikon D750 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.4G Nikon AF Nikkor 28mm f/2.8D +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow