Everyone Using MFT

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
MOD Tom Caldwell Forum Pro • Posts: 38,018
Hearts and Minds - and that is only “the dealers”

ToxicTabasco wrote:

Colin Smith1 wrote:

I have just returned from a photo trip to Nome, Alaska. Everyone on the trip, including the guide, was using Olympus EM-1X and one Panasonic MFT. There was only one guy on the trip still using a huge Nikon body and 600MM lens. In talking with him it seemed the reason he hadn't shifted to MFT was he didn't think he could master the controls. At every photo stop we had to wait for him to remove his tripod and set it up. I felt sorry for him, watching him struggle. I guess I should also mention he was 84 years old. Good photographer also.

Interesting, I guess if there is one style of photography that would benefit shooting MFT it would be wildlife in harsh conditions on a boat or on land.

Most of the National Parks I go to have a ton of phone and Canon shooters. Canon seems to be one of the most popular brands for National Parks. Rarely do I see MFT at the National Parks. The US ones anyway.

Well if you can convince potential users that dslr cameras per se are the creme de la creme then they will pay the premium to buy them. This allows an easy sell by the multitude of Canon vendors in duty free and surrounding tourist areas.  This allows better margins so the shops will stock the product and push it because there is more money in selling dslr.

The next issue is how to get a bigger price for the new FF ML wave so that good margins can be given to dealers.  New lenses (ah-ha) are always on the table and now every new FF ML user will need a new lens especially if they are new to a serious camera.

Nothing changes much except that the battle for hearts and minds of M4/3 users has probably meant low margins unless the market can be interested in larger “more expensive looking” camera bodies and seriously exotic and expensive lenses to go with them

-- hide signature --

Tom Caldwell

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
NCV
NCV
NCV
NCV
NCV
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow