Lightroom slow to delete images

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
CurtG
CurtG Contributing Member • Posts: 513
Lightroom slow to delete images

I’m using Lightroom classic principally for DAM capabilities.  Over the past year I’ve noticed that the delete rejected photos function (deleting fully from disk) has become painfully slow for removing amounts of say 100 images.  It’s literally a couple minutes before the library mode returns to normal.  The pc is well spec’ed, LR catalog is on a dedicated SSD and the images are on a fairly fast hard drive (for a traditional spinning drive).  I have run Lightroom’s integrity check now and the without finding any issues.  Outside of Lightroom, I can delete a similar number of files from that same drive much faster.

I can see where the deletion of the originals might take a moment or two, but the database functions ought to be very quick.  I don’t recall having this issue further back with the same machine and hardware.  Anyone else experiencing slow deletions.

-- hide signature --
 CurtG's gear list:CurtG's gear list
Olympus PEN-F Olympus E-M1 II Nikon Z6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Nikon 85mm F1.8G +7 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow