Everyone Using MFT

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ToxicTabasco
ToxicTabasco Senior Member • Posts: 2,312
Re: Everyone Using MFT

Colin Smith1 wrote:

I have just returned from a photo trip to Nome, Alaska. Everyone on the trip, including the guide, was using Olympus EM-1X and one Panasonic MFT. There was only one guy on the trip still using a huge Nikon body and 600MM lens. In talking with him it seemed the reason he hadn't shifted to MFT was he didn't think he could master the controls. At every photo stop we had to wait for him to remove his tripod and set it up. I felt sorry for him, watching him struggle. I guess I should also mention he was 84 years old. Good photographer also.

Interesting, I guess if there is one style of photography that would benefit shooting MFT it would be wildlife in harsh conditions on a boat or on land.

Most of the National Parks I go to have a ton of phone and Canon shooters.  Canon seems to be one of the most popular brands for National Parks.  Rarely do I see MFT at the National Parks.  The US ones anyway.

ToxicTabasco's gear list:ToxicTabasco's gear list
Nikon D5500 Nikon D7200 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Panasonic 100-300mm F4-5.6 II
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
NCV
NCV
NCV
NCV
NCV
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow