Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Linnin
Linnin Regular Member • Posts: 206
Re: ePHOTOzine posts some TG-6 tests

smithaa02 wrote:

Linnin wrote:

peterak wrote:

smithaa02 wrote:

I'm not sure what to make of this so far. One thing I found interesting is the "blue ball" is back...you can see it centered on this example:

Bummer!

Disappointing, but it does seem to be reduced. The new coating on the sensor itself has obviously helped as intended, but not a cure. Clearly this isn't 'lens flair' as some erroneously claim.

I would be very curious to know if this is scientifically recreatable. For example one TG-5 user said it was simple to recreate...take a picture at full zoom and at a 45 degree angle to the sun. If we were to know precisely when this happened we could take measures to prevent it.

While not lens flare, it may be a variant. There are so many internal lens in this camera that I could see odd reflections bouncing around in just the right circumstances.

If it is some type of incidental light, then some type of lens hood may help.

Absolutely an engineering design flaw that would require a complete redesign of the camera. The more faint purple dot effect in the studio shot proves it as the lighting is perfectly diffused and Kelvin defined even if we don't know exactly what K value they are using.

TG-5

-- hide signature --

My Best Days Are Still In Front Of Me

Linnin's gear list:Linnin's gear list
Olympus TG-5
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow