How to adjust exposure when pressed half shutter button

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
SQLGuy Veteran Member • Posts: 7,471
Re: How to adjust exposure when pressed half shutter button

Carlos Ferrari wrote:

Hello everyone.

sorry if I wasn’t that clear. Im from Brazil and my English isn’t very good.

I shoot weddings and i need to be always ready to take pictures. On my nikon i keep the shutter button always half pressed because i find it the better way to get the best photos, the decisive ones. Sometimes when I’m waiting to a moment in a scene happen the light changes and i need to adjust my exposure. As the shutter button is half pressed, the camera locks my dial controls speed/aperture. And that’s what i need to be able to do and configure. I need to enable in manual mode, with everything manual, to be able to change speed/aperture. There’s no reason to the camera to lock my actions because the button is half pressed. This is dumb.

It’s the same when shooting sports, football. You must stay with your finger all time half pressing the shutter to take fast action movement photos. I use af-on button for focus aswell.

I hope I’m able to configure it, because it would be a bad design from sony.

If you're using an AF On button for focus (BBF), then half-pressing the shutter doesn't do anything but lock exposure. So, don't half-press. Learn new habits.

-- hide signature --

A7R2 with SEL2470Z and a number of adapted lenses (Canon FD, Minolta AF, Canon EF, Leica, Nikon...); A7R converted to IR.

SQLGuy's gear list:SQLGuy's gear list
Canon PowerShot G9 Canon PowerShot S100 (2000) Canon EOS-1D Nikon D200 Sony Alpha DSLR-A900 +16 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow