Fujifilm 35mm F/1.4 vs F/2

Started 3 months ago | Polls thread
kiwidad Regular Member • Posts: 393
Re: Fujifilm 35mm F/1.4 vs F/2

DarnGoodPhotos wrote:

kiwidad wrote:

pastures-new wrote:

I have both. Over time I’ve completely converted to the 1.4 and I’ve have relegated the f/2 to the role of second lens when I am using a long or wide lens and want to have something small and with broader application “in the bag”. I have used the 1.4 In all sorts of climates and the focus speed is fine.

can you put your camera on a tripod and shoot the same image with identical settings on both lenses and lets compare. Maybe something near and something distant at a couple of different aperture and remove the EXIT data before you upload and lets see if a difference can be seen!

To save Pastures several hours of work, I just googled the comparison. There are many out there, draw your own conclusions.

https://alikgriffin.com/fujifilm-35mm-f1-4-vs-35mm-f2-lens-comparison/

and that reviews proves my point.

all the shots illustrate the difference between f1.4 and f2. I know there is a difference but with both lenses at f2 there are no great samples. lok at the last two side by side examples. the reviewer again shoots the f1.4 wide open and the f2 wide open, TO truly compare I want to see both at f2..

The interesting thing is that reviewer give better marks to the f2 in a very subjective area.

ALSO web designers.... DO NOT PUT INFO IN LIGHT GREY ON A WHITE BACKGROUND!!!!!!!!

kiwidad's gear list:kiwidad's gear list
Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro Fujifilm 50-230mm +2 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow