Re: Focus versus Rail stacking Poll

mawyatt2002 wrote:

RobinHsherwood wrote:

deanimator wrote:

RobinHsherwood wrote:

deanimator wrote:

RobinHsherwood wrote:

deanimator wrote:

I have an old Minolta 100-200mm zoom. I might try that when I finally have an infinite objective.

Amscope have had both the 4X and 10X infinites on sale recently, you could get both for under $100.00.

In the meantime, if you have the Raynox 150 and 250, try them individually and also stacked on the Minolta zoom. It provides mags ranging from 0.49X to 4.09X.

Minolta 100-300 mm zoom at 300 mm plus Raynox 150 & 250 Mag = 4.09X Wing scales of Madagascar sunset moth. Chrysiridia rhipheus

Best......

I'll probably end up going with the turnkey Raynox package from Wemacro.

I'll be very interested in your impressions when you get it. I'm interested in their Vertical and horizontal stand.

Robin,

I have the Wemacro Vertical Stand (actually have 2) since it was introduced about 3 years ago. This is one of the best values around, these stands are small, portable, but sturdy. Built with heavy duty components, which alone would cost more than the stand.

The horizontal use (helped develop the original concept on the horizontal use) is also sturdy and portable. Just a few minutes to convert from Vertical to Horizontal use.

If you decide on this approach, purchase an additional 1/4-20 to M8 adapter with the Horizontal Option, tell William at Wemacro you discussed this with me and he will know what to include.

Best,

Wemacro Vertical Stand

Wemacro Vertical Stand in Horizontal Mode

Wemacro Vertical Stand in Vertical and Horizontal mode

Mike,

It was your postings about this stand that originally peaked my interest, thanks for the additional info.

BTW, what is the extra 1/4-20 to M8 adapter for?

-- hide signature --

Robin H

RobinHsherwood's gear list:RobinHsherwood's gear list
Sony Alpha DSLR-A850 Sony a77 II Sony 24-70mm F2.8 ZA SSM Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* Sony 70-400mm F4-5.6 G SSM Sony 500mm F8 Reflex +43 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow