How to adjust exposure when pressed half shutter button

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
SQLGuy Veteran Member • Posts: 7,494
Re: How to adjust exposure when pressed half shutter button

I guess we really need the OP to tell us what he's trying to accomplish; but my guess would be that, since Auto ISO doesn't show you the selected ISO until you half-press, he wants to be able to change other exposure parameters and get immediate feedback on what that's doing to selected ISO.

So, to the OP: if that's what you're trying to do, then what you need to do is set a button to AEL Toggle or AEL Hold. I think the default for the AEL button is AEL Hold. Then when you toggle or hold this button, you'll see the ISO value that's chosen for the scene and metering, but you can still adjust aperture and shutter speed with the wheels and the ISO will update accordingly.

If you're in a fixed ISO mode, there's no need to press anything... you're going to be getting full time metering and exposure preview anyway.

-- hide signature --

A7R2 with SEL2470Z and a number of adapted lenses (Canon FD, Minolta AF, Canon EF, Leica, Nikon...); A7R converted to IR.

SQLGuy's gear list:SQLGuy's gear list
Canon PowerShot G9 Canon PowerShot S100 (2000) Canon EOS-1D Nikon D200 Sony Alpha DSLR-A900 +16 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow