Wryneck and a shrike @840mm

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
cangopluto Senior Member • Posts: 1,227
Wryneck and a shrike @840mm

Had an unbelievable luck today.

I was " stalking" a red backed shrike male (meaning I manage to get fairly close (camo netting over me) without spooking him off) and was getting several occasions ou of him.

Suddenly, on the same branch I was targeting the shrike, there sat - what I thought first - the female! But no, while acquiring focus (manual of course) I realised I had a WRYNECK on my sights! It sat there a few short seconds, but enough to get a few focused. (what others call "sharp")

They are not rare here, but it is rare to get a photo opportunity though, and a close one like this one, has never happen to me. And being a local bird on the top of my "list", well, that's why the long text from me

Thanks for looking, and giving a shiiit.

red backed shrike, male (called the butcher "lanius" in latin means it) celestron telescope with oly mc14 converter @840mm (1680mm fov in ff-speak)

wryneck with food

shooting against semi overcast sky. not my fav, but this came out alright I think

Did not see any female. A part of their courting behaviour that I have seen before, is to feed the female with snacks like these.  I suspected a female around but failed to see any

cangopluto's gear list:cangopluto's gear list
Olympus E-3 Olympus E-500 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50mm 1:2.0 Macro Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 12-60mm 1:2.8-4.0 SWD +6 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow