Challenge #281 ****Results****

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Damnerd
Damnerd Senior Member • Posts: 2,284
Challenge #281 ****Results****

Thanks for the participation of all who entered this challenge. It has been fun to see all the critters that have graced our lenses.

I will start with some who deserve mention (IMHO at any rate).  I don't mean to overlook anyone's entry but the limits of my own attention span weigh heavily in my actions....

Flashlight's "Frog Perspective"

caught my attention, especially with the crossed-eyes, but the structural angles in the background were a distraction.

WJMJR's "Florida Gator"

the smile is a crowd pleaser, if only the gator would have engaged the camera, or just maybe his peripheral vision is engaging the photographer, yikes!

dmb8021's "Wood Duck in Central Park"

along with the Mandarin Duck rate a mention for the color brought into the challenge.

Third runner up:

missedshot's "Hmm tastes pretty good"

I like the attention this bull is giving to the photographer but still retains the bull-hardheadedness to keep chewing (cud?). The color of the bull and background very nice.

Second Runner Up:

draacor's "keeping an eye on me"

I kept coming back to this image, how well the owl's eyes match the background, very nice.

The Winner:

Barleyman's "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder"

Okay, I have to admit I don't know what he is, but the pose, intentness and smile won me over.

With this I pass the Challenge baton to Barleyman and I am looking forward to the next challenge.

-- hide signature --

Don M
"If your position does not withstand scrutiny of logic, resort to political correctness to deny others their first amendment rights to argue logic."

Damnerd's gear list:Damnerd's gear list
Nikon D7000 Nikon D750 Nikon D7200 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm F3.5-5.6G ED VR +7 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow