Telephoto camera to complement my G7X

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
travelmunkie New Member • Posts: 3
Telephoto camera to complement my G7X

The only time I take photos is when I travel. I use a Canon G7X mk2 as my camera, where landscapes, architecture, and scuba diving are the main areas. However, there is a gap that I'm trying to fill and that's wildlife photography. I don't do much travelling for wildlife, so I don't want to invest in high quality gear.

What would complement my G7X well? I've had an Lumix FZ200 (IQ feels a bit lacking) and Sony NEX6 with the 70-200 lens (not enough zoom). I'm thinking of going back to the bridge camera route (eg. FZ300, FZ1000, Nikon B700, etc) or a simple M43 body with one of the 75-300 lenses (I think they're about $400-500?) This will be a dedicated camera for these wildlife trips and I'll most likely bring my G7X regardless.

I know these are wildly different cameras but that's exactly why I'm having trouble. I just need some ideas on what I should consider when picking the right complementary camera.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow