Purchasing a Travel Lens

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
Felice62 Senior Member • Posts: 2,003
Re: Purchasing a Travel Lens

rashid7 wrote:

"Some people that love to shoot brick walls and such, claim the Panasonic 14-140mm is a tad sharper than the Olympus 14-150mm lens"

Actually, a clear majority who have chipped-in over the years on this comparison favor the 14-140. That is not to say that the Oly is bad, nor to forget that cop-to-copy variation may factor in. YMMV

My experience shows the opposite, with the Oly 14-150ii being a tad sharper than Panasonic's 14-140, especially at the long end.

But what makes me prefer olympus is the overall build quality and feeling of the lens. Although a premium kit and not a professional grade zoom lens, it well built, tight and not having an internal IS system makes it tinier than Panasonic, whilst a bit longer.

I think iot's a matter of preferences.

Same applies for the Oly 12-40 pro vs PL 12-60, I own both and prefer the build quality of the olympus pro...

-- hide signature --

I cook with wine, sometimes I even add it to the food.

Felice62's gear list:Felice62's gear list
Olympus Stylus 1 Olympus Stylus Tough TG-850 iHS Olympus Tough TG-3 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G6 +28 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow