A Leica M10 Review

Started 3 months ago | User reviews thread
Irakly Shanidze
Irakly Shanidze Veteran Member • Posts: 6,458
Re: A Leica M10 Review

You lost me on your sensor assessment. I use this camera professionally and rarely go below ISO3200 precisely because I want the noise in the picture. Otherwise it looks plastic. When assessing the image quality, the noise level is not the only thing  that should be taken into consideration. M10 DNG files beat Sony a7RIII in dynamic range and color fidelity and any ISO. Not to mention, Leica lenses do not work well on Sony bodies, especially anything wider than 50. To be fair, Zeiss Loxia lenses are excellent, yet they are not fast enough.

Most your remarks about this camera are correct, however, there was no point of stating the obvious after almost two years of this camera being out. What you did not mention is that the shutter starts acting up at above 32C, especially when the humidity is high. This is a real bummer, because it renders the camera less than useful for travel assignments in countries with hot climate.

-- hide signature --

Irakly Shanidze
www.shanidze.com/en
www.artphotoacademy.com

Irakly Shanidze's gear list:Irakly Shanidze's gear list
Leica M9 Leica S2 Leica SL (Typ 601) Leica M10 Panasonic S1 +17 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow