How much of an upgrade is the D7500 from D3400 ?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
OP AyanA New Member • Posts: 11
Re: How much of an upgrade is the D7500 from D3400 ?

Hotspurr wrote:

I recently upgraded from D3500 to D7500.

The difference in experience is dramatic. The D7500 gives better shots in low light (noticeably) and the noise pattern is different so it is more easily removed. The AF is great for BIF (group AF is my fav).

The current iso capability is very limiting. If I go beyond 800 its like crayons on sandpaper(As with birds there is always some crop). Its true that its not that visible in instagram or facebook but while editting its in full screen in my laptop. Seeing & knowing that poor quality actually hurts.

Same with the AF. For example Hawks are very slow flyer, so I tried it on them. But I could never get a sharp photo not even in 1/1000. So I hope D7500 locks and tracks good

It's really a no brainier upgrade for bird photography, especially with the extra fps. I use a sigma 150-600 and I'm usually at 600mm. After getting the D7500 my keeper number skyrocketed. You'll also appreciate the grip and being able to handle a large lens on this camera.

Don't waste your money on the 200-500. Your lens is fine unless you're going to be printing huge posters or cropping aggressively.

It sometimes feel really akward, specially when Im shooting above my head, the weight balance is very abnormal­čśü. I m keeping my 150-600 Tammy G1 for now, I want to asses the improvement on D7500. Nikon 200-500 is like a plan B.

One question though, since which value the iso seems to be harsh in the d7500 ? Like for my D3400 its beyond 800. You will know the quality I m talking about since you have used the d3500.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow