Batteries

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
RichDitch Regular Member • Posts: 127
Batteries

I've been poking around in the older posts as time permits, and I've seen a couple threads about aftermarket batteries. I'm wondering what current experience suggests for brands to consider. I'm ok for now with my V1 as I already had an extra Nikon EN-EL15 (I've got a D7000 and two D7200's that use that battery), so I rotate the five Nikon batteries through the four bodies as needed.

For my pair of V2 bodies and got three Nikon EN-EL21 batteries, plus a pair of generic EN-EL21s branded Kastar. But I'm not using there Kastar ones as they fit very tight in the V2s and are difficult to remove. I'm afraid they might actually get stuck inside or expand and distort the battery compartment.

In reading older threads I've seen both Watson and Wasabi brands recommended. Is that still the consensus? Anybody have problems with either of these brands? Anybody else experience the tight fit of Kastar batteries?

Nikon D7000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow