Lesson learned with FZ1000

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
bper Regular Member • Posts: 210
Lesson learned with FZ1000

Recently we took a trip to Lost Lake Oregon. When I got home and downloaded my images to my computer, I noticed the first twenty I had taken were missing. I noticed on the trail I had a message in my viewfinder showing the format command. I cancelled it (at least I think I did) and went on.

In hindsight, I think what was happening was I was carrying my camera by its strap with it bouncing along my left side as I walked along the trail. The last command I had used on the set button was format (before the trip), so it stayed on that setting. As the camera bounced along on my side, it hit the set button and apparently reformatted the camera or I did trying to cancel it.

I also noticed on that hike that sometimes the WB or ISO would be on the screen also, so it must have bumped those buttons at times. Usually I carry the camera tuned off in a shoulder case I have, but for this short hike I just grabbed the camera and went.

Anyway, maybe someone else has had this happen to them, but my answer for the future will be to turn the camera off when carrying it by its strap on my shoulder, so an inadvertent bump doesn't turn out a disaster for me. Luckily I did not lose any images that were very valuable to me (got plenty of Mt Hood).

I had not had this happen before on my Nikon camera's, so wasn't expecting it. I often use a tripod and once mounted I do not have to worry about this happening. Any input on this would be welcome and hopefully this helps someone else avert a tragedy. Have a nice day - bper

Panasonic FZ1000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow