A little help here ;-)

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Truman Prevatt
Truman Prevatt Veteran Member • Posts: 9,071
A little help here ;-)

I have had a great distaste for mid range zooms - still do.  However, since I picked up an H1, I have a Fuji that can balance the Brick.  Since I'm headed out West in the end of July to be pampered with someone saddling my horse and eating wonderful food - looking out at the Grand Teton, I am reconsidering.

No it won't go on my Pro2 nor will it go on horseback with me (and neither with the H1) but it might make a lens I could pop on the H1 and make a descent "travel" outfit otherwise.  Right now in my bag I have my Pro2 - my bread and butter - and the H1.  Lenses 18 35/1.4, 50/2 and 90/2.  All four of these can go on my Pro2 with no problem.  My 50-140 is staying home since that is for the track.  Wildlife - no worries.  What to get close to wild life - except birds which I don't personally care about but like to see other's work  - get on a horse and you are not a threat and you can get close as you want.  Last year at Jackson we rode within 50 feet of a Grizzly sow (too young to have cubs according to the ranger) she looked at our horses and they looked at her and kept on going their own direction.  Actually they knew each other since she ranged through their pasture.

So I'm am considering eating major crow here - and picking up the Brick to slap on the H1 and leave there as a "travel lens."

Input will be appreciated.  Snide remarks - not so much so, but I'm a big boy with thick skin

-- hide signature --

Truman
www.pbase.com/tprevatt

Truman Prevatt's gear list:Truman Prevatt's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro2 Fujifilm X-H1 Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 56mm F1.2 R +8 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow