How much of an upgrade is the D7500 from D3400 ?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Swift One Regular Member • Posts: 389
Re: How much of an upgrade is the D7500 from D3400 ?

AyanA wrote:

Some really good points. Its said that in case of wildlife, you have 3 sec to get your shot, A well built camera not only gives you the oppertunity to seize that 3 sec (Precise AF, Good Dynamic Range) but also to stretches that (5 fps/8 fps/10 fps/12 fps)

Fine tuining is a good feature to have. Its like having my option open if needed. In that context, since you have done fine tuining, I know It helps in focus accuracy, but does it help in terms of focus speed ?

AF fine tune is designed to address front focus and back focus issues.  The speed of AF is determined by the camera (sensors) and the lens.  My Tokina 100mm 2.8 is not a super fast focusing lens (It's designed for macro).  My Nikon 85 1.8 is (at least IMO) pretty fast a focusing.  My 7500 is more quick on the focus than my 5300 is with all of my lenses- especially in lower light.

I m concerned about the slow AF speed in my Tammy 150-600 G1, Man, it has made me miss SOME shots..!! Or is it just my camera's AF module, not capable enough to run a "third-party, Super-telephoto, BIG lens" ??

I have no experience with super zooms.  I would imaging though, because overall its has an overall and constant aperture, that it may be faster.  Remember, a lot of wildlife photographers seem to like the DX format because of the crop factor.  So I am sure that a quality super zoom is going to do fine on DX bodies like the 7500/ 500.

Swift One's gear list:Swift One's gear list
Nikon D5300 Nikon D7500 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 10-24mm f/3-5-4.5G ED Tokina AT-X Pro 100mm f/2.8 Macro Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow