Return of my cleaned P1000, a night heron and CRRC Qishuyan

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Booted Cat Regular Member • Posts: 361
Return of my cleaned P1000, a night heron and CRRC Qishuyan

Return of my cleaned P1000

On Tuesday Nikon Shanghai Service Center said they cleaned my P1000 lens, no problem could be detected anymore and they were "shipping it back". So I supposed it would return to me on Wednesday. On Wednesday evening I called them again and they said it would ship on Thursday. Today (Friday) it finally returned to me. Why the 2-day delay of shipping? I have a little conspiracy theory: Nikon Shanghai actually requested a new lens from Japan, and it took 2 days for the news lens to ship from Japan to Shanghai.

I didn't examine the returned P1000's lens, because I was afraid that the lens passed Nikon's tests but might not pass my "dark-room flashlight inspection".

I put my new Nikon NC Filter on the returned P1000. The filter and its plastic casing were washed with distilled bottled water, and then the filter was put into the casing which in turn was put in a drawer where they dried natually. Today I took the filter into a dark room and examined it with a flashlight. Yes, the "natural drying" approach worked.

A night heron

Then I took the camera to Dongpo Park and shot a night heron several times, and the shot with the sharpest iris was picked:

P1000 + Nikon NC Filter, 3000mm FL, Program Mode, ISO forced to 100.

CRRC Qishuyan

Then I went to CRRC Qishuyan Co., Ltd., one of the major diesel locomotive manufacturers in China, and took some handheld shots:

HXN 50089, a HXN5 diesel locomotive.

GKD2 7001, an aged locomotive.

"Armed Uprising Monument", a monument surrected in front of the company's main gate, commemorating a 1927 workers' armed uprising against a "reactive warlord".

The company's main gate.

Thank you for viewing.

Nikon Coolpix P1000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow