How much of an upgrade is the D7500 from D3400 ?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
CMCM Senior Member • Posts: 4,246
Re: How much of an upgrade is the D7500 from D3400 ?

I went from the D5600 (a very nice camera, and a bit newer than the 3400) to the D7500 and I found a huge difference in my ability to shoot BIFS with larger lenses. The D7500 has better and quicker AF, it has a bigger buffer, and it has the Group AF which is also on the D500, and I've found this setting excellent for BIFS. The D7500 has a bigger range of settings than the D5xxx and D3xxx cameras, and a lot of the important ones are quickly accessible on the top and back of the camera so you don't have to go into menus. The LCD screen is is really good, and I like the tilt capability of it for some shooting situations.  Better high ISO performance too.

I debated between the D500 and D7500 but I couldn't justify the extra cost of the D500. There are many similar features on both cameras, and I've found the D7500 to be fantastic, and its 8fps is plenty fast and I usually shoot at the slower rate anyway. The AF system grabs focus very quickly and I can keep focus easily as I follow a bird. I really like everything about this camera, it's wonderful. I also liked having a built-in flash....the D7500 has it, but the D500 does not and that was an important thing for me and I wanted to have that in-camera flash capability when I wanted it.  Here is a great evaluation of the D7500 from Thom Hogan.

http://www.dslrbodies.com/cameras/current-nikon-dslr-reviews/nikon-d7500-camera-review.html

CMCM's gear list:CMCM's gear list
Fujifilm X30 Nikon Coolpix P900 Canon G7 X II Nikon D700 Nikon D5600 +13 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow