300mm PF Stabilization better with Z body IBIS?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
arniebook Senior Member • Posts: 1,108
Re: 300mm PF Stabilization better with Z body IBIS?

ARClark wrote:

My biggest frustration with this lens is the weak VR. I'm not referring to the concerns of VR in the 1/60 to 1/125 range, but just the inability of the lens to really stabilize an image in general. Comparing the VR in the 200-500 with the 300 PF is night and day.

So my question is whether users of the Z6 or Z7 see a noticeable difference in VR/image stabilization effectiveness with IBIS?

Thanks, Alan

Mmmm ... I've never heard that. Is that documented elsewhere, or just your personal experience?  I don't have a 300 PF, but I've seen plenty of threads praising it, and don't recall reading anything about poor VR.

Arnie

-- hide signature --

What we spend on this stuff is equal to the depth of our pockets squared ($²) times what we (j)ustify in our minds as to what we expect to do with our pictures plus (+) the (e)njoyment we experience from using our stuff and sharing the result ... $xxxx=$²(j+e )

arniebook's gear list:arniebook's gear list
Nikon D500 Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.4D Nikon 200-500mm F5.6E ED VR Nikon D300 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G IF-ED VR +2 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow