Purchasing a Travel Lens

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Falcon04 New Member • Posts: 13
Purchasing a Travel Lens

Good afternoon. I am currently living in Europe thanks to my job and have been doing a significant amount of traveling as a result. I'm in the market for a new lens and after reviewing a number of prior threads, I wanted to ask for thoughts with my specifics:

I am not a pro. I own an Olympus E-M10 Mark II and have the 14-42mm II R (f/3.5-5.6) kit lens, a 40-150mm (f/4-5.6) kit lense and a Pany 20mm f/1.7 (v2). On a recent trip, I got tired of swapping lenses based off what I was trying to capture. I'm looking for an all-around lens to capture my family and the places we visit in our travels. My budget is approximately $650.

I've narrowed my choices down to the following:

A. Oly 14-150mm II (f/4-5.6) $599 [New]

B. Pany 14-140 II (f/3.5-5.6) $597 [New]

C. PL 12-60 (f/2.8-4) $629 [Used]

Of these, I've been leaning toward the Pany 14-140 II; but then I came across the used PL 12-60, which is appealing due to the extra 2mm on the wide end, and better aperture across the entire zoom range.

For my general travels, do I substantially gain anything by choosing the PL over the Pany?

Falcon04's gear list:Falcon04's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL1 Olympus OM-D E-M10 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II R +2 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Olympus OM-D E-M10
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow