A Leica M10 Review

Started 3 months ago | User reviews thread
Reza Maziat Contributing Member • Posts: 684
Re: A Leica M10 Review

TransientEye wrote:

After more than a year of use of the M10, I finally got around to writing a lengthy user-review (which you can read here).

In summary, it is clearly the best digital Leica ever, and probably the first to really feel like using a film M (I have worked with an M7 for more than five years). But the sensor is definitely lagging and Leica really need to be more honest with their ISO definitions. Despite the claimed viewfinder improvements I really struggle to see the 28mm frame-lines when wearing glasses, but the live-view and EVF make up for this in many situations.

The detailed scoring fields provided by DPReview oddly omit the main applications that I use the M7 and M10 for - namely documentary, street and travel photography. In these categories the M is still one of the best tools for the job.

These are a some of the review images - a deliberately varied selection:

The photographs were made using a mix of the 28mm Summicron, 35mm Summilux and 50mm Summilux lenses. All files were shot in RAW format and processed in Capture One 12.

I didn’t realise the M10 had an EVF

Reza Maziat's gear list:Reza Maziat's gear list
Leica Q Leica SL (Typ 601) Leica SL 24-90mm F2.8-4
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow