SPIDERS! YAY!

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
c h u n k
OP c h u n k Senior Member • Posts: 1,564
Re: SPIDERS! YAY!

colacat wrote:

I enjoy everyone of it, really nice photos!

I recently tried to make my new diffuser with new material, I don't remember how many version I have been done , but I think this will be the final version

Will try to post some photos soon

I actually just made another diffuser too. Primarily for longer working distances that is the main issue I have with the 100mm macro. Amazing how just a few inches make it so much harder to get good, nice light. Im very happy with the results Im getting with it though. And, yeah, its like the 20th diffuser Ive engineered. Im about to make another one for my twin flash, and Im excited about the idea - hopefully results justify my excitement. Ive had other "good ideas" they ended up with subpar results.

Diffusers are all about making good quality, soft light, controlling specular highlights. Ideally they would be quickly adjustable for different scenarios, but that is difficult. The other big thing for me is that they can quickly fold down to being able to stuff in my bag without damaging them. I really want a 3d printer solely for diffusion designs. Its really odd how this need has been entirely overlooked even if considering how niche it is. Kazillions of Gary Fong knock offs, and other diffusers, let alone the massive market for larger softboxes, umbrellas, reflectors, etc etc. but if you want to find a good manufactured macro diffuser, nothing exists. At least nothing that even comes close to our diy designs.

-- hide signature --

Some of my photos here: https://flic.kr/ps/2i6XL3
“You're off to Great Places! Today is your day! Your mountain is waiting, So... get on your way!” --Dr. Seuss

c h u n k's gear list:c h u n k's gear list
Canon EOS 70D Canon 6D Mark II Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM Tamron AF 28-75mm F/2.8 XR Di LD Aspherical (IF) +7 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow