Diving depth G9

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
spike29 Senior Member • Posts: 1,880
Re: Diving depth G9

I did with a Canon S45...... bought a official housing and was fun (got kids stopped diving). like this I never will dive with a 1000,- plus body unless i need to.

Gran canaria (15m)

Mallorca. (12m)

If you want to bring down a digital camera use one with as less as possible knobs and buttons. Better a "old big sensor camera" like Sony A6300 and a simple zoom (3.5-5.6 16-60mm). you need some zoom because the vis swim faster then you swim LOL

You want a low light capable camera with a small housing and as less "air" as possible in and around the camerbody and lens. Because your camera is put in a closed container at 40 degrees celsius (at 66% RH or higher )and dropped down to water at 12? 20? degrees. Moist will come and condensation will be there. (Try to put the camera inside the housing in a room with the closest temp to your divingwater. (less Relative Huminity change)

google: sony a6300 dive housing

Or rx100 with a diving housing.

No use to bring a expensive G9 down to condensation level in the see water.

No touchscreen to use, all the function buttons are less functional.

You don't want to press or twist to much knobs (knobs with a seal around a axel.) at -20m surfacelevel one bad seal and water is inside corroding your camera to scrap.

See this dutch secondhand offer All done at ones.

(not mine just a quick google search.)

Don't go fooling around in zipbags or "zwimmingpouches" great for rainy days or around the pool and see side to film and photograph your kids with no fear of splashing your cam with water.

(i envy you, not about bringing a G9 down under but the diving )

-- hide signature --

knowledge is addictive, every time i get some i want more.....
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(If i can remember 1/1000 of everything i learned/read in the past i will be happy as a monky with........)

spike29's gear list:spike29's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F70EXR Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Panasonic G85 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-140mm F3.5-5.6 O.I.S Panasonic Leica 12-60mm F2.8-4.0 ASPH +1 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow