Anyone switch from Fuji X Trans to R or RP?

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
RondaArouseMe
RondaArouseMe Regular Member • Posts: 213
Re: Anyone switch from Fuji X Trans to R or RP?

Sittatunga wrote:

RondaArouseMe wrote:

I have both the RP and Sony A7ii. I just keep the kit lense on the Sony as I got it cheap and wanted to try out Sony. Im very pleased but the camera does seem dated in comparison to the RP for sure. I also struggle without a screen that flips vertically like Fujis' does because I shoot lots of panoramas in vertical.

I like to shoot them both a lot. I think the RP feels amazing in hand and typically keep a 16-35 on it or use it with my 70-200 for landscapes and I keep my collar on the lense.

I think the RP and a7ii are both excellent in image quality for my uses and I dont do video so cant comment there.

The RP with the adapter and a pancake 40mm is an outstanding little travel partner. I guess you could put that 24mm ef-s on there as well and it would be great but im not sure what that would end up giving you on a full frame. Anyone know?

The RP would crop it so you'd get the same angle of view as the 40mm but with about ten megapixels.

ouch

RondaArouseMe's gear list:RondaArouseMe's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Sony a7 II Canon EOS RP Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 16-35mm F2.8L USM +2 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow