Thinking of giving up my DSLR for a phone Locked

Started 6 days ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
This thread is locked.
Greenmind Regular Member • Posts: 271
Thinking of giving up my DSLR for a phone

This is perhaps the weirdest post I've made here.  I have a Canon 5D Mark III that I have loved and used for years.  I have a bunch of lenses, some flashes, and some remote controls.  However, in trying to minimize my lifestyle I find it bulky, heavy, and just overwhelming to use.  I don't enjoy it anymore.

I also have a pixel 3 phone that takes amazing photos and uses post processing tricks to get better results than some of what I have with the Mark III.  It's just smaller, more convenient, and easier to get results that look like what I want.  I know this is all about my abilities and my willingness to work at things, but right now I just don't know if it's worth keeping all this stuff just to take portraits now and then.  I also know the image quality isn't the same, with the post processing work coming out much worse in print.

I wish there was a compromise.  Thoughts?

Canon EOS 5D Mark III
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
AOC
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow