Sony making great stides with new lenses especially 200-600mm...BUT

Started 1 week ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
nebulla Senior Member • Posts: 1,309
Sony making great stides with new lenses especially 200-600mm...BUT

I admire Sony for being very quick on delivering lenses for their A series cameras and while we can not really OR directly compare an adapted lens over a native lens, I still question Sony's pricing  on their lenses (the 200-600mm) especially when you are expected to pay 2 times the price over either the Sigma 150-600 C or the Tamron.There is no question that the native lens will always be better at faster focus aquisition, but is this sufficient to justify the  price difference? and how much sharper is this lens against the others mentioned. I am posting a few snaps of recent pictures taken with the Sigma, and these were just practice shots, as I am still trying to get the hang of shooting birds with my A7iii, and not really starting an argument. Just curious.

nebulla's gear list:nebulla's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Mark II Olympus E-M1 II Canon EF 300mm f/4.0L IS USM Olympus Zuiko Digital 14-54mm 1:2.8-3.5 II Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro +8 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow