Between a6300 and a6000

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
Thad E Ginathom
Thad E Ginathom Forum Member • Posts: 88
Re: Between a6300 and a6000

skanter wrote:

Abdullah M wrote:

Thanks for your helpful insights, I will keep a6300 and sell the new a6000.

The “downgrade made little sense. A6300 is far superior than a6000 and not more complex. Both have many options, but you can use as simply as you like once set up. I would recommend getting Busch’s 3rd-party book for reference and learning.

So would I. I upgraded from a6000 to a6500, which is, I suppose, pretty-much an a6300 plus touch screen and IBIS.

There is enough difference between the cameras to make it worthwhile reading the book*. One could just go on doing exactly the same stuff as with a6000. Given the similarity, it would easy to do, but it might mean missing stuff one would want to know about.

I'd say that there is an increase in complexity. But bottom line: one could set both cameras to auto, and, ignoring everything else, the a6300 would probably still be the better camera.

*Edit: Yes the Sony reference manual is there online or for download. Pretty dry reading!

-- hide signature --

Just a taker of snapshots

Thad E Ginathom's gear list:Thad E Ginathom's gear list
Sony a6500 Sony E 50mm F1.8 OSS Sony E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS Sigma 30mm F1.4 for Sony E +1 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow