If you were me what camera do you choose and Why?

Started 1 week ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
kombizz0
kombizz0 Regular Member • Posts: 242
If you were me what camera do you choose and Why?

For many years I was a Minolta photographer and witnessed for many years the develoopment of digital technology in cameras, especially Sony cameras because as you know Minolta sold its product to Sony. Over the years I have bought different lenses for my Minolta Dynax 7 (Minolta APO tele-zoom 100-300, Minolta APO tele zoom 100-400 F4.5-6.7, Minolta AF 200mm F2.8, Sigma Macro 105mm F2.8, Sigma Flash EF-430). During this period of change I saved my birthday money for purchasing the Sony Alpha 7 and now have the means to buy any kind only for it's body or perhaps a good 50mm lens.

However, for some time I have been pre-occupied with a dangerous thought that bothers me. This thought says that instead of buying a DSLR Sony A7, why not buy a mid-range mirrorless camera, i.e. Sony A6400 because it is lighter in weight and less complicated with fewer lenses to carry compared with the Sony A7.

On the other hand I would like to have a complete camera that has diversity for taking different tasks from portrait, landscape, to macro, etc

So I am asking if you were me, which thought would you listen to and why? - At present I have a Panasonic DMC-FZ200 that is versatile for travelling but has lots of limitation.

I appreciate your advice in this matter.

-- hide signature --

I was born and brought up in Iran, a beautiful country full of history.
http://www.kombizz.com/

Sony a7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
AOC
AOC
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow