Bought an A6000 by mistake, help me limit the damage!

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
Thad E Ginathom
Thad E Ginathom Forum Member • Posts: 88
Re: Incidental Shopping in India Stuff

xmarX wrote:

Thad E Ginathom wrote:

xmarX wrote:

BTW, there is a Kamlan lense on sale at Drop.com which looks good. May be you guys should take a look.

I bought something off them when it was massdrop. That I had to wait for the actual availability was understood: the slow shipping was not. This was the longest wait I ever had for an item delivered to India. I never even look at their site now.

Oh, btw... Videolinks has all kinds of stuff on the site, but you need to call them or mail for a price on cameras or lenses. They were recommended to me by a couple of online friends in this country. I have bought a couple of small and one big things from them.

Oh!

Which item did you buy from massdrop?

A huge screwdriver-bit set. Completely off-topic here, except I probably have what's necessary to take a Sony camera apart if I ever get that crazy!

What about customs duty?

Did you had to pay it?

No, but, as you know, customs duty or not is a gamble here. Post often escapes, major international courier stuff almost never escapes. But hey, if you are ordering something expensive from abroad, would you want to trust it to the post?

I browsed videolinks website but was not impressed. Almost the same price as in the Sony India website, no big discounts.

Fotocentre prices are less than Amazon and less than Sony. Videolinks: contact them. Even for stuff listed on their site. But don't expect huge discounts... you have to look for used stuff for that.

-- hide signature --

Just a taker of snapshots

Thad E Ginathom's gear list:Thad E Ginathom's gear list
Sony a6500 Sony E 50mm F1.8 OSS Sony E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS Sigma 30mm F1.4 for Sony E +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Labe
MOD Labe
TG1
MOD Labe
MOD Labe
MOD Labe
MOD Labe
MOD Labe
MOD Labe
MOD Labe
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow