Amazed by 80D at 12,800 ISO

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
matteroner
matteroner Regular Member • Posts: 310
Re: Amazed by 80D at 12,800 ISO

Okay so I was the one who hijacked the thread.  Unintentionally.  I said he should trade in his 7d for a 6d.  And keep the 80d.

I have a 6d and feel it is a better performer in low light based on real world use.

It uses a lower iso to obtain the same exposure. Moreover, at the equivalent iso it has less noise.

I'm sure the lens is a factor, but I'm talking real world.

And again everyone is comparing the 80d to the 6d. But I said keep the 80d and get the 6d instead of the 7d.

I have both and the 6d and 80d and it just doesn't do as well in low light and that's my opinion based on real world use.

There are also other benefits to having both a ff and crop sensor so it would benefit the OP to have both.

And Magic lantern does overcome many of the deficiencies in the 6d.  I can use live view to get 10x mag for fine focus for example. But it has overall different use from the 89d5

-- hide signature --

@photomat76

matteroner's gear list:matteroner's gear list
Canon EOS 400D Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS 80D Canon EF 35mm F1.4L USM Canon EF 50mm F1.8 II +12 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow