Beginner Lens for A7 III

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
aryalg Forum Member • Posts: 60
Re: Beginner Lens for A7 III

Phob0 wrote:

Hi All,

Traveling with friends and were pooling up to get an A7 III tomorrow. We have a Maximum budget of $600 AUD to spend on a lens (would definitely majorly prefer much less), could someone please give us some recommendations? We will check prices on second hand lenses as well in our market (Aus)

The camera is mainly going to be used for travel, basically photos of us individually or in a group with different landmarks in the background which are mainly for social media.

Could we get some recommendation based on our needs?

thanks

Based on my experience never ever go cheap with lens. There are excellent ones out there you would want to upgrade later on. With cheap ones you will have hassle of selling and buying again and losing money. So, get the best money can buy for your type of photography. Lenses should stay with you. Body can be sold and upgraded later. Choosing second generation body  and a premium lens is a better option. You wont notice much of a difference in IQ.

I recently upgraded to a7rii from a6000. It is fantastic.

-- hide signature --

Regards,
Gaurav
My photos at: https://500px.com/aryalgaurav
www.instagram.com/ggauravaryal

aryalg's gear list:aryalg's gear list
Sony a7R II Sony FE 50mm F2.8 Macro
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow