Amazed by 80D at 12,800 ISO

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
John Sheehy Forum Pro • Posts: 22,157
Re: Amazed by 80D at 12,800 ISO

Myrgjorf wrote:

matteroner wrote:

Right the 6d will give you some great shots at dusk and dawn. Where the 80d will give great shots during the day. Only drawback is the weather sealing on the 6d is sh*t

Other 6D drawbacks: only one reliable AF point, non-center AF points are too close to the center and not always reliable. I had a 6D some years ago and it did't work for me so I sold it. Not a problem if you are a focus-and-recompose photographer. And of course you loose the crop factor for your long lenses.

That's not the loss.  The loss is pixel density, which usually accompanies sensor size, but not always.  There is no "quality" of any sort from having a narrower FOV with the same lens due to a smaller sensor size; you need higher pixel density.  A crop camera may have faster burst speed, of course, with the same pixel density, with a smaller sensor.

Let's look at an extreme; a 50MP FF and a 3.1MP APS-C.  What benefit is there to the crop camera, subject-quality-wise?  None.  It puts only about 16% as many pixels on subject, and all the crop does is make sure that a larger part of the image circle projected by the lens is never recorded at all.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow