2019 Lens Wishlist

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
Kharan
Kharan Senior Member • Posts: 1,879
Re: 2019 Lens Wishlist

lattesweden wrote:

Kharan wrote:

The gains are in terms of usability - TS lenses are notoriously hostile toward the whole reflex viewfinder concept. Also, the prism overhang on many DSLRs can limit the lens' movements.

BTW, I said "SLR designs" because there's nothing restricting the use of modern TS designs with older bodies (so they're not strictly for digital cameras), but if I wanted a lens with incorporated movement I'd definitely prefer a modern Canon of Nikon one.

Has it even been documented how large the image quality difference is by using a proper tilt shift lens vs fixing the "untilting" in post when shot with a modern high quality regular wide angle?

Not that I know of... but the difference should be quite noticeable after only a mild tilt. All of us Sony E-mount users know that stretched corners look like, thanks to built-in distortion correction. Just think of the same process applied to a sizable portion of the image.

-- hide signature --

"Chase the light around the world
I want to look at life
In the available light" - Rush, 'Available Light'

Kharan's gear list:Kharan's gear list
Sony RX10 IV Pentax Q Olympus PEN E-P3 Olympus OM-D E-M10 Sony a7S +18 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Lan
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow